Monday, March 23, 2009

FIAE Chapter 11: Six Burning Grading Issues

Chapter eleven of FIAE is about six issues when it comes to grading that teachers struggle with. Obviously there are more than just six but the chapter chooses to only address six of them. The six things include recording a zero or a sixty, grading gifted students, weighting grades, automaticity versus concept attainment, grading students with special needs, and grading late work. The chapter describes all of them and gives a few helpful ideas on how to handle them. This chapter affects me because as a teacher I will also have to be thinking about them when grading my students. Having this chapter is helpful. It affects my classroom a lot as well because grades are the final summary of the work the student has done in my classroom. It is important that they are accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment