Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FIAE Chapter 10: Conditions for Redoing Work for Full Credit

This chapter discusses the conditions for redoing assignments that students didn’t do well on the first time. Most of the conditions are for teacher sanity but a few of them are also to keep the student honest. For example, making parents a part of the process and reserving the right to change the format of the redo. This chapter affects me because it gives me some ideas on how to go about giving my students second opportunities to prove that they know the material without being duped or overrun with work. It affects my class because if my students have the chance to redo an assignment that they had trouble getting done due to outside circumstances they can without having to beg and plead and explain the situation they may not want me to be aware of. It would be unfair to not allow a student a redo because they were embarrassed to tell me they were at the hospital or a relative died.

No comments:

Post a Comment