Monday, February 23, 2009

MI Chapter 8: MI and Classroom Management

Chapter 8 of MI is about using the Multiple Intelligences to help in classroom management. The chapter gives a few different ideas on how to use them when breaking the class up into cooperative learning groups, when trying to develop classroom rules, in conveying transitions and in trying to get the class’s attention. The last one was most useful to me because I had many teachers in school that just could not get and keep the attention of their students. It will be great to try out these strategies on my class and see which ones work best. It affects my class because getting my students’ attention is vital to teaching them. It also means I have a few ideas on how to manage a class which is also important to the learning environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment