Monday, February 23, 2009

MI Chapter 11: MI and Special Education

Chapter 11 of MI discusses using MI theory when teaching students with disabilities. It also provides a list of famous figures for each intelligence that struggled with some kind of disability. This affects me because it is a good reminder for me and for all teachers that there is more to the students then just their disability. It is important to stop looking at what they can’t do and focus on what they can do. The MI theory is an excellent way to teach the same material to a student with a disability because it looks at how to communicate information in all intelligences. This is important in my classroom because these strategies will help me teach students in my class who have disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment