Monday, February 2, 2009

FIAE Chapter 1: The Differentiated Instruction Mind-set: Rationale and Definition

Chapter 1 of FIAE discusses why differentiation works and why it is a good idea. I learned that differentiation doesn’t make students dependent on teachers to adjust the curriculum for them but rather make them tolerant individuals or are intrinsically motivated. These students are creative, hey take risks, they are competent and independent. This affects me because that is exactly how I want my students to be when they leave my classroom. I want them to know themselves, be creative, be smart, be compassionate and take risks. I think that differentiation can help me accomplish this. This affects my classroom because it will be easier to manage a classroom of students who are intrinsically motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment