Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FIAE Chapter 9: Ten Approaches to AVoid When Differentiating Assessment and Grading

This chapter is a list of 10 different things that teachers should avoid when differentiating grading and assessment. The chapter thoroughly explains all of the reasons why these things should be avoided. The list includes avoiding grading on a curve, avoiding recording zeros, avoiding extra credit, avoiding scaffolding and avoiding grading homework, to name a few. The list is a good way for me to look at things that teachers often do that don’t work in the classroom. It is kind of like getting experience with using these practices without actually having to try them out myself. It affects my class because now that I understand a few things to avoid and why I don’t have to spend time trying them out for myself. I can work at avoiding them and know that it is what is best for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment