Monday, February 2, 2009

FIAE Chapter 3: Principles of Successful Assessment in the Differentiated Classroom

Chapter 3 of FIAE is about assessment. I learned that it does my students no good to only be assessed once. After all there could be a number of factors that could be influencing their performance that day. It is more helpful to assess my students many times over the course of the entire unit. This way I can know what they are really learning and give them feedback. This allows them to make adjustments and improve. But it is not enough to just assess my students. The assessments must also be fair judges of what has been taught. This affects me in that it means I have to send a lot of time making up different appropriate assessments and giving good feedback. It affects my classroom because it means more chances for my students to show me what they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment