Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MI Chapter 10: MI and Assessment

This chapter is about using the multiple intelligences to assess learning. I learned in this chapter that it just doesn’t make sense to teach to the multiple intelligences and then ignore them when assessing my students. I also learned a number of strategies to assess students using the multiple intelligences. This affects the way I have always thought of assessment. Before taking practicum the word assessment just meant test to me. Whenever my teachers said that word they were talking about testing. This affects my classroom because it will mean I will spend less time writing tests for students and more time creating activities and projects to assess them with instead. It also means that my classroom will be filled with more creative learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment