Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FIAE Chapter 4: Three Important Types of Assessment

Chapter 4 of FIAE continues to discuss how best to assess students in a differentiated classroom except this chapter focuses more on designing fair standards and laying them out in a way that easy for students to read. The chapter suggests using portfolios, rubrics or self-assessment as ways to assess student learning and growth in a unit. I learned that portfolios can be a great way to look at all of a student’s work over an extended period of time. I also learned a few tips on designing rubrics that work. This will be very helpful in my classroom when it comes to outline for my students what they must accomplish in order to show me they understand the material. It also helps me figure out a fair and easy way to grade my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment