Monday, February 23, 2009

UbD/DI Chapter 8: Grading and Reporting Achievment

Chapter 8 of UbD/Di is about grading. The chapter talks a lot about how to grade a classroom that integrates differentiated instruction in to the everyday learning environment. This important because as a teacher I will be required to put a grade on each of my student’s report cards. I need to be able to do so in a way that is fair and shows the amount of learning that students has achieved. It affects my classroom because if I want my students to learn they have to know where their grades are coming from. If they don’t then the only thing for them to assume is that the grades are arbitrary and in that case why should they try? Grading should be a summary of how much a student has learned from my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment