Monday, February 2, 2009

UbD/DI Chapter 5: Considering Evidence of Learning in Diverse Classrooms

In chapter 5 of UbD/DI assessment practices are discussed. I learned that it is best to do many different and on-going assessments of students in order to get a much clearer picture of student learning. This way as a teacher I can try to play to my students’ strengths thus allowing them to show me what they have learned in a way that is not too challenging for them. This affects me in that I will have to be very creative in coming up with multiple assessments so that my students will have many choices. This will help me in my classroom because my students will be more motivated to do their assignments if they can choose their projects or find ways to be creative with them in their own ways. It will also mean that my classroom will be effective in reaching a variety of learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment