Wednesday, January 28, 2009

UbD/DI Chapter 4: What Really Matters in Planning for Student Success?

The fourth chapter of UbD/DI is about using differentiation in the classroom in order to help the most students possible achieve the curriculum goals. I learned that in order to successfully incorporate differentiated instruction I must have a positive attitude, be clear about curricular essentials, know what works for my students and be willing to take responsibility for my students’ success. I learned that all of these things will make my curriculum relevant to all students regardless of how proficient they are with the material. This is very important in my classroom because I want my students to be successful. I want them to walk away having learned something about life and about themselves. In order to do this I need to able to reach all learners regardless of learning style or proficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment