Tuesday, January 27, 2009

UbD/DI Chapter 2: What Really Matters In Teaching? (The Students)

Chapter 2 of UbD/Di emphasizes on how important the students are when it comes to being an effective teacher. By reading this chapter I learned that there are sometimes outsides factors affecting a students learning and that the best way to help these students to respond to them when they seem to have a problem. By allowing them to shape the way I teach I can more effectively help them learn and hopefully get past their difficulties. This is going to be very important in my classroom because this means that my teaching will have to change with every new group of students. If all students are different than I can’t just create a curriculum and reuse it every year as is because the students will be different. They will learn differently. It is better to change it up to match the students, thus helping more of them be successful in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment