Tuesday, January 27, 2009

UbD/DI Chapter 1: An Essential Partnership

In chapter 1 of Ubd/Di I learned that Understanding by design is a model that focuses on what and how teachers teach while Differentiated Instruction is more focused on who, where and how. When put together, the two complement each other in a way that helps teachers be effective. This is important for me to know because I will probably be using them in conjunction when I start creating my own curriculum. If I want to be an effective teacher I need to keep in mind all the different factors that affect learning. The chapter describes these factors as “elements” and lists them as who I teach, where I teach, what I teach and how I teach. It does kind of make sense that all four would make a difference. I have had teachers who had one or two but because they missed the other two were not helpful in teaching me the material.


No comments:

Post a Comment